|Word Doc | PDF|
Software Architect; J2EE and Mobile Development Lead
Skilled Senior Software Engineer with over 20 years of software development experience
Languages: Java, J2EE, Python, PHP, C
Methodology: OOD, SDLC, Agile
Technologies: Android, Java, j2EE, SOA, RESTful web services, Spring Platform, Eclipse, HTML5, Mule, Maven, JUnit, SVN, git, MySQL, Tomcat, Apache, Linux kernel, Open Source contributor. Gentoo Linux Kernel Maintainer (Lead)
Education and Certifications
Stevens Institute of Technology, Hoboken, NJ
B.S. Computer Science, May 1992
· Oracle Certified Associate, Java SE 7 Programmer
Recent Technical Training
· Spring Core
Technical Specialist, Express Scripts (formally Medco), Franklin Lakes, NJ
Pharmacy Benefit Manager
06/2012 – Present
· Worked on design patterns for the entire enterprise to follow in the development of RESTful web services that run on the Mule platform
· Developed Spring based web services for integration of 2 large scale enterprises. RESTful web services developed on Mule/Spring platform, utilizing Jersey, JUnit, AOP and other Spring technologies.
· Provided guidance and governance to ensure adherence to company design and coding standards
· Led the formation of a “Competency Team” to provide projects with trained experts who are considered leads in both technology and company development standards
Technical Specialist, Medco Health Solutions, Franklin Lakes, NJ
12/2001 – 06/2012
· Designed, developed and delivered the Medco Pharmacy Mobile application on both the Android and Blackberry platforms.
· Managed an on-shore/off-shore team
· Produced the final builds and worked on the submission process into the Android Market, VCAST Store, Blackberry App World and Apple App Store.
Senior Application Architect, CTO Organization
· Assumed the role of architectural adviser for projects across the enterprise. This role included ensuring software and hardware solutions are in line with CTO strategic direction and providing architectural expertise for design work.
· Developed future state technology stack for next generation automated pharmacy as well as the re-platforming of existing ones. Led the adoption of Linux and other open source solutions in the enterprise.
· Participated in the effort to bring the PHP language into the company as a viable option for the replacement of thick client legacy applications. Current role is to provide assistance in the project tasks on the technology side including proper use and configuration of PHP on Linux servers.
· Participating in the framing and promotion of a multiyear strategy concerning authentication and authorization for applications with users both internal and external to the organization. The strategy includes the use of stateless web services and trusted security repositories.
Senior Application Architect – Pharmacy Operations
· Provided software architecture expertise to pharmacy operations team to support electronic pharmacy operations.
· Redesigned and developed software utilizing J2EE technologies to replace legacy systems involving imaging.
· Designed and developing Java Web Services to expose functionality that exists in legacy systems to new applications across multiple departments.
· Provided operational support of preexisting applications throughout the country.
Application Architect – Enterprise Architecture Team
· Worked in the design and development of services to support Medco’s eCommerce B2C website.
· Maintained existing software packages and developed new, innovative technology offerings to both members and investors.
· Part of a team tasked to create a software framework to be used by the entire enterprise. Utilized the Spring Framework and built upon its features to provide core code for applications to build upon.
· Coordinated off-shore and on-shore development teams to provide timely and accurate deliverables.
· Participated in all steps of the software development life cycle including requirements gathering, design and development.
· Outlined the build and deployment strategies for use across the enterprise.
Application Architect – Core Services
· Developed software and supported systems as part of the core architecture team. Provided guidance to development teams concerning software designs and implementations. Participated in acceptance meetings to approve architectures or suggest alternatives.
· Designed and developed applications using servlet technology to integrate with third party systems to identify client browser information. This technology was coded within the ‘front door’ of a system with millions of unique registered users.
· Supported e-commerce B2C, B2B and CSR site 24/7.
Senior Technical Consultant, Viecore (purchased by Nuance), Inc., Mahwah, NJ
02/1999 – 12/2001
· Worked as a consultant on a variety of different projects for clients. Extensive interaction with customers for both the pre-sales and implementation phases of orders.
· Assigned the role of Technical Lead on a 401k-retirement project for a major on-line brokerage company. Responsibilities included the analysis, design, implementation and deployment of the project as well as coordinating the efforts of fifteen programmers. Participated in the architecture and technical direction of the project. Utilized SOAP and XML to enable heterogeneous systems to communicate without the need to develop additional interfaces.
· Created an application using Microsoft COM to facilitate the data exchange between a major on-line theater ticket office and a ticketing back end engine. Responsibilities for this project included management, design, development, deployment and maintenance. Site URL: http://www.fandango.com
· Designed and developed a back-end messaging system to a banking system. This system was developed using Java and Python to receive and process messages between any devices wanting to communicate with a Summit back-end banking system. The communicating device only needs to have the ability to speak TCP/IP. The system exists as a multi threaded, module based application. The system has been used in the development of 2 on-line banks which are currently in production: http://www.tcu.org and http://www.cacu.com.
· Lead the design of the company’s intranet site. Coded the entirety or portions of the following modules: Programming code reviews, Design reviews, Source code project creation requests and programmer resources.
Application Architect, Merck Medco Managed Care, Inc., Woodcliff Lake, NJ
05/1996 – 09/1999
Pharmacy Benefit Manager
· Participated in the coding and implementation of Windows DLL’s using Microsoft Visual C++.
· Took the lead programmer role in the design and development of a web-based application. Worked on all 3 tiers to develop a program that accesses pharmaceutical data through an Internet browser in an extranet environment. The client consisted of HTML screens that communicated with the servers through CGI programs.